Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trip to Bumble.


This weekend I took some time off from the boxes. I went to my parents house. They live in Jersey Shore, PA. Weird name, weirder place. I partially wanted to just get out of the city, and into the country for a little while. I also partly wanted to avoid the guilt that would follow my grandfathers death if I had not visited, opting to drink heavily with friends on my time off. It's Sunday evening, I'm leaving sometime tomorrow, I have a doctors appt. at 5pm, but here is what has happened thus far:
-Photographed at two locations I have wanted to shoot 12o color at for ages. I think I got it.
-Saw a horse and buggy
-Saw my grandfather, and very coincidentally my aunt and two cousins, who I never see. Wonderful.
-Went to the Woolrich company store, where despite having the BEST flannels/flannel patterns ever, they do not believe in the size "Small". I bought a hat, a wool blanket, and an extremely che
ap Nalgene bottle. My father bought me a (Medium) camoflaged print button up I plan on taking in. DEER camo print. In Fucking Credible.
-I frolicked in a field.

-Got a knife set for our kitchen, as well as a knife my grandfather was given by a family he stayed with when stationed in the phillipines. Reportedly made of downed Japanese aircraft metal and some sort of horn.
-Stole cast iron skillets from my parents.


We are cooking some cook-aht stuff tonight. Then I plan on going to find some trees or a field to sit in and relish. I think I might have to do this a few more times this summer. It's very relaxing and fits in with the whole cleansing thing that seems to be going on in my life right now. P.S. These images are all from photoboth. purely illustration.

3 comments:

missy said...

yo, for some reason i just saw your question/comment on my blog.

so there are quite a few steps. first you need to go under edit html in layout and change your header wrapper to 720px, the outer wrapper to 1000px and then the main wrapper to 720px. you'll see these as you scroll down.

then when you post a photo in your blog go into the html mode beside compose. in the code there will be a part of the code that says /s400/ i believe. just change it to 720. so it will be s720.

that should work! let me know if it doesn't!

SkidMarquez said...

That fucking deer pattern is a-fucking-mazing.

five said...

excuse me, i like that self-portrait.