Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today at work VI


(installing work by Renee Green)
The past four - five weeks have been grueling and fun. I started preparator work at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The organization is a bit off its rocker right now, and the prep crew is reeling from the firing (Laying off, quitting, it's all in who tells the story) of the powerhouse that was the VA dept. It was pretty intense but we ended up pulling off the deinstall/install of two major shows in addition to some smaller galleries. The main show, a solo show of the rarely exhibited in the US, Renee Green, involves roughly 50 video pieces. My fellow A.V. nerds and I had our work quite cut out for us. At the end we were all pulling 13 hour days. I'm glad to say, for the sake of rest, health, etc, that it's over. I'm sorry to say it is, for the paycheck. But I've managed to make some friends, make some contacts, and perhaps even have some more work as a result.

No comments: