Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alot of this.



I've been doing alot of this lately. This and working. And I suppose a fair amount of drinking. But more working and this. I feel like life is winding down after my whirlwind December/Christmas/New Years/Early January. I've had enough down time to start making my down time productive and enjoyable. I'm finishing a book I've probably been reading since...it's embarassing, so never mind. I'm excited to be done with it and use that fresh space in my guilty reading concious to re-read some of my photo history books. A friend is also loaning me the "Just Kids" Patti Smith book, which I'm sure I'll fly through given it's photo history connection. I also want to hit "Art & Fear" back up. I've been feeling like I could use a go at it again lately. I feel greatly unmotivated to produce work by the insanity of the MFA gallery scene here. It feels like unless you study under the darlings, the darlings will never let you in their galleries. Or, perhaps they might, but how the hell they are ever going to see your work to even think about it...? Why in your MFA crit. of course....! Sorry to end on a seemingly negative note. Here's better. This is a hold over. Borrowing a friends D-90. Will produce newish digi things now-soon.

No comments: