Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Dad Told Me.

My dad told me a few years ago that if I asked him to marry me (and someone else, duh), he would. This was an unprovoked statement. As you can imagine, I certainly wasn't like "Dad...when I fall in love with the perfect guy...I wish you could marry us!" He was just letting me know. Letting me know that even though it would probably cost him his job, it was something he believed he should be able to do as an ordained minister, even if it wouldn't be legally binding.

I told him that if I did that, and he lost his job, who was going to pay for my drinking and photo supplies. He agreed. Thus far we haven't run into the issue.

Nonetheless, I just sent him this link, I think he'll enjoy it:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-methodist17-2008jul17,0,484099.story?track=rss

3 comments:

five said...

awww. at first i was like - lil john's dad wants to marry him? ew. then i was all - oh. yeah. lil john's dad is gay. i mean, he's a preacher.

John Foster Cartwright said...

you mean ...lil john's dad is a drug addict?

SkidMarquez said...

Warms the cockles of my heart.